Website Youville Place
Youville Place is looking for a compassionate individual that has the desire to satisfy the appetites of older adults. As a Cook, this individual will be required to prepare menu items according to establishment’s standard, focusing on flavor, appearance, taste and texture. The Cook will follow correct cooking procedures and deliver high quality food and timely service to residents at every meal.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare high quality food items for meal time, occasional events and functions
- Have an intentional focus on quality and presentation
- Maintains station readiness by completing prep work and duties as required at the start and end of shift
- Follows HACCP protocols and procedures for handling food, sanitation and safety
- Manages personal workflow at all time and resolves issues promptly
What You Will Bring:
- Experience in food preparation, including different scratch cooking skills and methods, cooking with multiple products, and a willingness to be creative
- Communication skills to partner with wait staff, managers, and staff members
- A willingness to assist in meeting resident’s dietary needs
- Assisting Chef Manager in ordering supplies and tracking inventory
- Knowledge of safe cooking practices and procedures and sanitary industry requirements
- Cleaning and maintaining all kitchen equipment and ensure it is in working condition
Our Assisted Living Residence is part of a two hundred year legacy of care and service and continues to evolve services and programs to meet the changing needs of residents. We offer private apartment living, fine dining, nutritional support, assistance with personal care, and a broad range of social and wellness programs reflecting the individual interests of residents. We strive on creating a homelike atmosphere for our residents and their families.
Pay: Starts at $19.00 per hour
Our comprehensive benefits plan offers a variety of options for employees to select what is most important to them and their families. Benefits include the following:
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear a mask, and a COVID-19 Vaccine is required per EOEA regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org