The food truck manager is responsible for managing food service operations within the Red Lentil food truck. We serve vegan and vegetarian food. The food truck manager must ensure that all employees follow in-house policies and procedures and meet all federal and state requirements.
- Work with the head chef and owner of Red Lentil Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurant, apply for and oversee licensing, inspection, and business procedures to launch Red Lentil food truck.
- Work with Red Lentil’s leadership, graphics, and communications teams to create and print signage, menus, and marketing collateral.
- Research, plan, and budget 6-month, 12-month, and ongoing calendar and sales goals for food truck, tied to seasons, locations, events, marketing goals, in-house promotions, etc.
- Identify new opportunities for food truck and pursue proper means to attend these events (license, sponsor fees, exhibitor fees, etc.).
- Maintain events calendar, visible to Red Lentil chef-owner and communications teams for promotional purposes.
- Maintain required records, including food production, inventory, income/expense, meal counts, supplies and purchases, and personnel records.
- Ensure food truck staff members—food truck employees, including cooks, food preparers, cashiers, and other employees—follow proper COVID-level sanitation procedures. Ensure safety standards are maintained while food is being cooked.
- Prepare and serve vegan and vegetarian food as per the menu developed by Red Lentil chef-owner. Respond to customer preferences and complaints.
- Work with Red Lentil’s communications / marketing team to develop marketing campaigns, take photos and create social media posts, and otherwise promote the objectives of the food truck.
- Maintain equipment including refrigerator, stove, prep table and cookware. Direct the cleaning of the truck and commercial kitchen.
- Hire, recruit, and train employees. Maintain employee records, prepare payroll, and complete paperwork to comply with laws and regulations.
- Experience in vegan and vegetarian cuisine is highly preferred.
- Prior food truck experience is highly preferred.
- Creative thinking and a marketing / events / promotions mindset desired.
- 5+ years of cooking experience from a culinary school or cooking program, or equivalent years cooking experience required.
- Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Professional and friendly (even in tough situations).
- Team player with effective communication skills with guests, partners, and staff.
- Quick and analytical thinking.
- Great attention to detail.
To apply for this job please visit theredlentil.com.