Website The Natural Grocer, Inc.
From-scratch prepared daily entrees, soups, salads & more!
Busy natural & specialty foods store looking to add a trained/experienced baker to our team. Responsibilities include production of the morning bake, organization of the bakery menu, baking cakes/breads for retail, and coordination of the bakery schedule with other bakers. Requires culinary training and/or 1-3 years minimum experience with commercial baking. We are a small store, but a busy one!
Skills & Responsibilities include:
· Strong work ethic and interest in natural foods & allergen-free baking
· Ability to work collaboratively in a busy, fast-paced environment
· Aptitude to follow recipes, including basic mathematical skill for ingredient measurement, recipe modifications and product dating/rotation
· Development of thorough product knowledge, and ability to communicate/explain bakery items to customers and other staff
· Working knowledge of commercial mixer operation
· Physical ability to stand while working through shift; lift & refill bulk bakery ingredients weighing up to 50#
· Understanding of safe food handling/Servsafe protocols
· Ability to maintain a clean, sanitary working space throughout the day
Successful staff members enjoy people, work collaboratively, hold themselves to a high standard, and thrive in a busy work environment.
The Natural Grocer is a busy, local fresh food market offering a curated selection of provisions, organic produce, and prepared foods. We specialize in unique, from-scratch to-go meals and baked goods. All food is prepared on-premises. Our menu changes daily, offering vegan, vegetarian and healthy proteins to customers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com