Website The Blue Wagyu at Yankee Springs Golf Course
Upscale. Farm to table restaurant. Downtown feel. Rural setting.
The Blue Wagyu at Yankee Springs Golf Course is currently seeking to fill the Head Chef Position to
lead our team.
We are a family owned, upscale, farm-to-table restaurant with a large outdoor eatery, The Shed. The
opportunities are endless as we also have The Barn and The Gathering Place, our event venues. The Blue
Wagyu proudly offers the feel of a downtown dining experience in a picturesque rural setting. We are
centrally located between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo in the heart of Yankee Springs Recreational Area in
All beef served is American Wagyu! The owners are also the farmers that raise the Wagyu and it is a fun place
to work where you are valued, challenged and appreciated!
The Head Chef needs to have a high level of management skills, thrive in a busy atmosphere, be able to the
handle pressure of a thriving kitchen, and possess creativity and attention to detail, along with the stamina
to maintain organization, communication, problem solving and multi-tasking to achieve a high quality overall
experience for customers and staff.
• Highly skilled professional that oversees operations of restaurant
• Reports directly to owners
• Responsible for all food that is produced in the kitchen from conception to execution
• Practices strict adherence to health and safety standards and enforces the same standards among all staff
• Accurate and timely completion of requested reporting
• Assists with menu creation
• Ordering and purchasing of inventory including stock rotations
• Assist writing standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for kitchen and enforcement of those SOP’s
• Track expenses and manage budget
• Liaising with relevant companies for food orders
• Closely monitors kitchen accounts with vendors and all reporting related to duties
• Monitors food waste
• Passion for food and people
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Extreme attention to detail
• Current certifications
• Team player
• 5 years of experience and education
• Degree in culinary arts is a plus
Salary: $62,000 – $70,000 relative to experience and education
2 weeks paid vacation and health insurance
Qualified candidates should send their resumé to Joni at email@example.com or call Dana at
(269) 795-3877 for questions related to this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org