Taste the Possibilities. Tailored to You.
Join the Spyce Food & Beverage team for an eight week paid internship. You will work side by side with Chefs and Restaurant Leaders to learn the basics of bringing new menu items to market and assist with recipe prep and recipe testing. This is a great opportunity to increase hands-on kitchen skills for someone interested in a culinary career.
At Spyce we cooked up something entirely new – a fast casual restaurant focused on next-level deliciousness and boundless opportunities for all. We use cutting-edge culinary techniques to bring out the very best flavor in every ingredient and make each meal personalized to you. In addition, from servers to farmers to families, Spyce provides better, longer-term opportunities for its community. When you think bigger, food tastes better.
Spyce employees are warm, kind, helpful, and most importantly — focused on the customer, since technology handles everything else. And above all else, a Spyce employee loves food – especially our-cooked-from-scratch-with-love food!
This internship will average approximately 20-30 hours per week with some evening and weekend work required. The compensation range for this role is $16 – $19 / hour dependent on skills and experience. This is an hourly non-exempt role eligible for overtime after 40 hours per week.
What You’ll Do
– Develop kitchen skills while assisting with recipe prep for testing, photo shoots, etc.
– Practice those kitchen skills by supporting daily prep for restaurant operations as needed
– Learn menu and recipe development by assisting chef with documenting yields, prep timing and other administrative duties
– Exposure to high volume prep and third party catering platforms by assisting in catering order fulfillment
Who You Are
– Familiar with basic knife skillsComfort with basic kitchen equipment (for example: robot coup, combi oven, etc.)
– Ability to read and follow detailed recipes
– Prioritize organization and cleanliness in all your work
– Past experience in a professional kitchens is a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.