SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: ROUNDS COOK
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the food service department in daily food production, service of food items, special functions, and to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment. It is also the responsibility of this position to oversee all food service employees in the director’s absence.
– Sensitivity to issues of aging, needs of the dementia residents/participants, and diverse populations
– Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills
– Ability to be flexible with work assignments, other departments and schedule changes
– Ability to communicate effectively.
– Ability to work as a team player, promoting good relations with other managers, co-workers, families, and residents/participants
– Experience working in commercial kitchen.
– Graduate of a trade or culinary school. We are willing to train entry level cooks in this position.
– Proficiency in cooking techniques, baking and food service.
– Serve Safe certification.
– Experience in maintaining and operating various food service equipment.
– Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
– Ability to exercise sound judgment under pressure
– Assist director in overseeing and/or participate in all food preparation for all meals and snacks for residents/participants providing quality and good presentation.
– Timely completion of production and service of foods.
– Understand and ensure specific needs of residents/participants.
– Work closely with Food Service Director in menu composition-research and development. Ensure nutritional meals for residents/participants and follow suggestions for meeting state and local health regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to Lynch@rogerson.org