BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Preparation and production of baked goods, pastries, breakfast pastries, and all associated pastry items for a resort serving up to 2500 meals per day, in accordance with company standards and local health regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Support Bakery and Pastry Operation, and adhere to kitchen standards regarding proper uniform, service standards, food production, safety and sanitation, and morale.
· Maintain work spaces including stainless steel tables, equipment, dry storage shelves, walk-in refrigerators, freezer, and general sanitary condition of bake shop production and storage areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
· Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards including all assigned production.
· Check inventory and maintain par stocks, requisition items as needed and maintain an awareness of costs/expenses.
· Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared prior to distributing to “front of house” staff for delivery to guest.
· Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
· Prepare special dietary meals or substitute items.
· Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
· Organize and detail the work area for AM and PM dessert service
· Test and inspect foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
· Demonstrate basic knife handling skills and familiarity with basic kitchen equipment and machines.
· Operate equipment such as ovens, stoves, grills, mixers, proofers, microwaves, steamers, kettles, and fryers.
· Research industry trends regularly and maintain a current knowledge of common or trending practices in the industry.
· Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
· Learn, retain, and demonstrate a full knowledge and understanding of all dessert menu offerings.
· Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
· Assist in the requisitioning and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
· Perform job safely while maintaining a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
· Follow all Mohonk Mountain House safety and security policies and procedures.
· Maintain proper rotation of product in all refrigerators (FIFO) to minimize wastage/spoilage.
· Maintain food storage and cooler logs in adherence to food safety standards.
· Sanitize and ensure cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
· Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
· Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 75 feet.
· Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
· Handle hot items with care.
· Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications.
· Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken and inform supervisor of hazardous situations.
· Complete safety training and certifications when offered.
· Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
· Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Listen well, communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with other staff, management, vendors and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
· Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
· Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
· See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
· Work under time constraints, extreme temperatures, and high business levels.
· Offer consistently professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues.
· Assist all service staff and company workers in a professional manner insuring our guest service is in accordance with company standards.
· Attend shift briefings and actively participate daily.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
· Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
· Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
· Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
· Taste sweet, sour, bitter, and salty and demonstrate a sense of smell.
· 3 years culinary experience in similar operation.
· Valid Driver’s License and at least 21 years of age, or 20 years of age with at least two years of licensed driving experience.
· Certification in food service sanitation practices and prevention of food borne illnesses preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.mohonkjobs.com.