Website McCreas Candies
Slow cooked, hand crafted, award-winning caramel
Not sure if the restaurant grind is right for you? Enjoy having your evenings and weekends free? Want to work with a small local business that values employee culture, our city and community, and strives to deliver high-quality and (incredibly) delicious confections across the US? Then check out McCrea’s Candies!
McCrea’s is looking for two motivated and hard-working individuals to join our dynamic kitchen crew. Our manufacturing kitchen produces hundreds of pounds of small-batch, award-winning caramels daily as well as producing and co-packing caramel sauces. The team at McCrea’s strives to put its employees first and we offer great benefits in addition to the chance to work with a fun, friendly, talented, and diverse team that is truly a family.
Below you will find the requirements for the available position. Please note that this is batch-cooking and manufacturing and is not at all like working in a restaurant kitchen. We state up-front that this position will require patience with repetitive tasks and a lot of cleaning.
Applicants should be:
· experienced in the kitchen and familiar with standard kitchen procedures and systems. ServSafe is not required but please know, understand, and practice food safety principles
· detail-oriented and able to keep accurate records; must be willing to track batches meticulously
· skilled at multi-tasking, with good time management skills, and able to complete complex and repetitive tasks with ease, confidence, and efficiency (urgency)
· good at prioritizing and follow-through on tasks
· able to show initiative in the workplace- sees what needs to be done and does it without having to be asked every time
· willing to cross-train in all aspects of McCrea’s (packaging, cutting/wrapping, etc)
· have physical stamina for: standing, bending, lifting (up to 50lbs), twisting, working around hot caramel, candy-cookers, etc
· self-aware around and have respect for machinery
· a team player: recognizes their role in the big picture and willing to be an active member of our dynamic “caramel family”.
· willing to work all aspects of the kitchen including dishwashing, cleaning, deep-cleaning
· able to understand accept the increased responsibility and flexibility required in the holiday season
· BE RELIABLE!!!
Thanks for taking the time to check us out! If you want more information or wish to apply please contact Anna Roberts for more information at email@example.com. We will be starting interviews immediately and expect to fill the positions by mid-August at the latest. Starting pay is $14 an hour and the right candidate will have room to grow in the company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org