Website Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Corporation
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
POSITION: Assistant Sous Chef
REPORTS TO: Executive Sous Chef/Sous Chef
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal Full Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
- Responsible for overseeing cleanliness, prep, and quality of food for all Rendezvous Lodge operations.
- Knowledgeable about all products and locality of those products.
- Has a vast knowledge of product placement within all restaurant location(s).
- Has the ability to manage their own as well as other peoples time efficiently.
- Provides adequate communication with line level employee’s as well as MODs (Managers of Duty).
- Helps with menu ideas, including the research of food, ingredients, food trends, and composing and developing ideas for the menu.
- Understands general food and labor cost principals.
- Is responsible for keeping tabs on pars and managing not only the inventory of their stations, but the stations of lower level employees in a way that minimizes waste while keeping pars at their proper levels.
- Has knowledge and is able to enforce company-wide policies.
- Actively help Chefs with supervision and quality control.
- Be able to direct staff, in absence of Chefs to meet goals and expectations of restaurant
- Set an example to all new staff and be able to instruct on kitchen protocol
- Be able to assist Chefs on special projects, overall kitchen management, and menu development
- Be constantly aware of the clock to ensure proper readiness for all service periods
- Be able to follow exact instructions with a sense of urgency
- Responsible to learn all food products
- Has the ability to safely handle knives, mandolins, slicers, blenders and various other kitchen equipment
- Has excellent knowledge of, and can execute, the fabrication of fish/meats and can train others to do so
- Adheres to JHMR/Teton Co. Health Dept. Hand Washing Policy
- Demonstrates proper hygiene
- Is a team player
- Can talk to and serve public if needed.
- Report anything that needs immediate attention to the appropriate manager
- Work with all restaurant staff to better serve guest
- Assist management in maintaining a clean and organized kitchen at all times
- Always on time and in proper uniform at beginning of shift including proper footwear
*Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
Excellent knowledge of food products and handling
Be able to safely operate all kitchen equipment
Extremely strong understanding of restaurant work
Willingness to learn preparation and handling of ingredients
Able to multitask on various levels under very high stress levels
Strong understanding of personal hygiene and sanitation techniques as they pertain to restaurant work
Can effectively communicate between language barriers.
Education or Formal Training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Formal culinary training preferred
- Servesafe or equivalent preferred
Minimum 2-4 years fine dining experience required
Material and Equipment Directly Used
- All kitchen equipment
- Knives and other sharp tools
- Chemicals and other cleaning products
- Raw and fresh foods
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Heavy lifting to 50lbs
- Kitchen Hot or Cold line
- Walk-in Coolers and Freezers
- Trash Recycling Room
- Execution of meals under various conditions of heat and stress
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.