Website Flour Bakery + Cafe
Make Life Sweeter - Eat Dessert First!
Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you a fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a production baker with a CAKE DECORATING FOCUS at our state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport!
This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to work every station to get a well-rounded perspective on the pastry operations in the bakery.
The shift time for this position is generally 12pm-10pm and generally consists of 4 shifts per week.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Arrive at work for your scheduled shift on time (Flour time = 5 minutes early!)
- Help to maintain an overall positive team environment
- Provide open communication with your managers about the bakeries on-goings, changes, the team, and ideas for improvement
- Maintain proper communication with your fellow team members
- Demonstrate the ability and self awareness to know when you need your manager or fellow employees to help you
- Ability to keep calm while trouble-shooting
- Maintain the Flour standard of quality (MOM test) for all items produced
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- Ensure that your station and work areas are clean , tidy and properly set up for the next day before leaving the premises
Cake Decorating Focus Requirements:
Exhibit proficiency of all cake decorating shift tasks, including but not exclusive of:
- decorating large volumes of one of our 5-6 different cake types daily (carrot cakes, vanilla birthday cake, triple chocolate mousse cakes, midnight chocolate cakes, coconut cakes, boston cream pies plus any seasonal specials we may have!)
- proficiency with both buttercream and ganache decorating
- reading order slips for allergen details and ensuring we are checking all orders off as completed
- consolidating product, FIFO-ing as you are using
- assisting with putting away finished product
- lifting/pushing carts or speedracks of up to 50lbs in weight
**Upon proficiency in execution of a focus area, as desired by you, we love being able to cross-train our bakers on as many projects as they are interested in learning and the kitchen is able to accommodate at that time! **
Skills for Qualification:
- At least 1 year of professional baking experience required
- You must enjoy a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment, be driven and have self motivation, and an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive
- Be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- Open availability to work, including weekends and holidays.
- We ask for a year commitment for this position.
The starting wage for this position is $17-19 per hour ($17 base pay rate plus the BOH appreciation bonus which adds around $1-2 per hour on average).
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com