Website Flour Bakery + Cafe
Make Life Sweeter - Eat Dessert First!
Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you a fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a production baker with a BREAD FOCUS at our state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport!
This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to work every station to get a well-rounded perspective on the pastry operations in the bakery.
The shift time for this position is generally 11am-7pm.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Arrive at work for your scheduled shift on time (Flour time = 5 minutes early!)
- Help to maintain an overall positive team environment
- Provide open communication with your managers about the bakeries on-goings, changes, the team, and ideas for improvement
- Maintain proper communication with your fellow team members
- Demonstrate the ability and self awareness to know when you need your manager or fellow employees to help you
- Ability to keep calm while trouble-shooting
- Maintain the Flour standard of quality (MOM test) for all items produced
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- Ensure that your station and work areas are clean , tidy and properly set up for the next day before leaving the premises
Bread Focus Requirements:
Work in a fast-paced, high volume environment with a small team learning all elements of our bread process during the time of day your shift is, which includes:
- How to mix/shape/bake our various from scratch bread types daily
- Proper execution of the bread proofing and troubleshooting process based on temperature changes
- Know the vision of our entire bread life cycle including when the dough is mixed, when it gets baked/sliced, how it is packaged to travel to locations
- Mixing/process/shape our laminated doughs such as croissant or other viennoiserie
- Mixing/process/shape our enriched doughs such a brioche
**Upon proficiency in execution of a focus area, as desired by you, we love being able to cross-train our bakers on as many projects as they are interested in learning and the kitchen is able to accommodate at that time! **
Skills for Qualification:
- At least 1 year of professional baking experience required
- You must enjoy a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment, be driven and have self motivation, and an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive
- Be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- Open availability to work, including weekends and holidays.
- We ask for a year commitment for this position.
The starting wage for this position is $17 per hour.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!
To apply for this job please visit www.flourbakery.com.