Website Flour Bakery + Cafe
Make Life Sweeter - Eat Dessert First!
Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you a fanatic about baking and making perfect bread and pastries?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a full-time opening bread baker at our state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport! The shift for this position is generally from 2am-10am. We offer a generous transportation reimbursement for early morning commuting!
This shift is a fast-paced, high volume shift. The bread bakers are responsible for mixing doughs, slicing, and packing the breads. Once the morning bread push is complete the bread bakers will move into pastry production such as making muffin batters and cookie doughs.
- Extreme enthusiasm about pastry, baking and working as part of a team is a must!
- Applicants must have a strong work ethic, be well-organized, be positive, and be eager to learn
- Displaying proficiency in all baking tasks and projects
- You must be open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- We are seeking self-motivated employees who work well in a fun, positive, fast-paced team environment with possibilities for advancement.
- Excellent attendance, reliability, communication and interpersonal skills
- Readily adaptable to change
- Embraces new information and learns quickly
- Actively problem solves using sound judgment
Skills for Qualification:
- Maintain the Flour standard of quality (MOM test) for all items produced
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- Ensure that your station and work areas are clean, tidy and properly set up for the next day before leaving the premises
- 1+ year of professional baking experience
- Availability to arrive at the bakery at 2 am
- Availability to work holidays and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs regularly, operate commercial kitchen equipment, and work on your feet for the entire shift
The starting wage for this position is $18 per hour.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, a transportation subsidy in early mornings if you don’t own a car, paid vacation/sick time, a great staff meal policy, and regular field trips to other bakeries and pastry businesses. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your pastry knowledge and as mentioned above to growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org