Website Flour Bakery + Cafe
Make Life Sweeter - Eat Dessert First!
Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you a fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a production baker at our state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport!
This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to work every station to get a well-rounded perspective on the pastry operations in the bakery. The shift is generally 4pm – 12am. We offer a generous transportation reimbursement for early morning commuting!
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team
- Exhibit proficiency of all production baker tasks, including but not exclusive of:
Making base doughs (brioche, laminated, enriched, pie/tart, muffin/sconce batters)
Making and assembling cakes
Making frostings, glazings
Ability to consistently make recipes and speak up when something seems amiss
cleaning and closing kitchen
lifting up to 60lbs
operating up to an 80quart hobart mixer, knife work, using the dish washing machine
- Demonstrate the ability and self awareness to know when you need your manager or fellow employees to help you
- Ability to keep calm while trouble-shooting
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- The shift is very physically active, you are constantly on your feet and moving through the kitchen
Skills for Qualification:
- At least 1 year of professional baking experience required
- You must enjoy a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment, be driven and have self motivation, and an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive
- Be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- Open availability to work, including weekends and holidays.
- We ask for a year commitment for this position.
The starting wage for this position is $17 per hour.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org