Website FranceinBoston Consulate General of France in Boston
The Consulate of France in Boston is seeking to hire a full-time employee for the position of Chef at the Residence of France in Cambridge starting April 3rd, 2023.
Organization and management of the kitchen:
- Designing and overseeing the preparation of cocktails, luncheons, dinners, and official receptions
- Preparing meals for the Consul General and his family
- Creating menus; following recommendations on such aspects as market cost, seasonality, special diets, cooking trends, etc.; and selecting wines in agreement with the Consul General
- Supervising cleanliness standards
- Streamlining operations
Various estate management duties, including managing resources and logistics at the Consul General’s Residence:
- Managing orders and supervising outside service providers (work, maintenance, suppliers)
- Purchasing products, verifying orders, managing costs, identifying suppliers whose products meet the standards of French cuisine
- Regular upkeep of the garden
- Keeping inventories of furnishings and artwork
Training and/or experience :
- Qualifications and experience in hospitality /catering and/or management
- Cooking diploma
- Knowledge of fine French cuisine and terroir
- Sound knowledge of pastry
- Experience in logistics and inventory management
- A good command of French is a plus
- Ability to adapt and be creative
- Availability and discretion
- Integrity, technique, discipline
- Autonomy, ability to report
Working conditions and benefits
- Flexible working hours may be required in the event of official evenings, weekends, or holiday functions
- Trial period: 6 months
- Working time: 40 hours/week (full-time)
- 25 days paid vacation per year + public holidays
- 401(k) Retirement plan available with employer matching
- Medical insurance plan with 2/3 of the premium paid by the employer
- As part of a team, the ability to work with another agent who is in charge of cleaning, decoration, and service
- This position does not grant any diplomatic or consular status or privilege
- Level 6: $ 6 337 /month (gross) + transportation benefit of $120
- 194 Brattle Street, Cambridge MA
Conditions to apply
- You must be a legal U.S. resident and be authorized to work, meaning you must be a U.S. citizen, a Green Card holder, have an A or G Visa, or hold a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Candidates must meet this requirement to be considered.
- French citizenship is not required.
If you are interested in this position and believe you are a suitable candidate, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than March 17, 2023.
Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview in the following days.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.