We specialize in handcrafted pastries, seasonally inspired.
Butternut Bakehouse is looking for a full time baker to join our small and fun crew of bakers. We are seeking an individual who appreciates our approach to artisan style pastries and able to be contribute a positive energy to our bakery. This is a small bakery so applicant must be comfortable working in tight spaces and have a good attitude with the team. This position is for an individual who seek to learn and develop skills and want this to be a long term career.
There is a probation period of two weeks. If the right fit, applicant must commit to the position for a minimum of one year.
Shifts: Varied. One morning bake off with earliest start at 5 am and production days earliest start 8 or 9 am.
Days Needed: 5 Days a week, Tuesday – Saturday. Weekend availability essential. Applicants must have flexibility with their schedule.
1. One early morning bake off for pastry counter and wholesale –croissants, scones, cookies, cakes.
2. Production of laminated doughs
3. Volume production of pies, scones, cookie dough with emphasis on good technique.
4. Prep custards, icings, buttercreams, cakes
5. Inventory assistance
6. Brainstorm with team to offer new seasonal products, able to do product testing
7. Maintain an orderly and organized kitchen
1. Must have professional baking or commercial kitchen experience and industry references (No home bakers, please)
2. Passionate about food and love talking about it. We appreciate ideas and input into our menu.
3. Strong cake decorating skills.
4. Able to work efficiently and able to multitask. Also able to work independently.
5. Strong work ethic and able to work as a team. Friendly and no sour-puss!
6. Available to work weekends
7. Able to take constructive criticism and always want to improve
8. Attention to detail. Able to assess product quality to maintain high consistency of offerings
9. Self-motivated individual
10. Dependable, fun and positive attitude
11. Able to lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods 8-10 hours at the most.
12. High standards of cleanliness and quality of work
Starting pay $18-$20
Perks: Coffee or espresso drinks on the house, free pastries and breads. Employee discount.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com