YES! We are cooking again! All of our classes are live, in-person CLASSES held in our kitchens!
“As an Executive Director for MGH, I am comfortable and impressed with your COVID precautions, care and adherence to the safety changes”.
COVID-19 Operational and Safety Updates
As of Tuesday, June 1, 2021**
- Mandatory Temperature Checks will be discontinued for all programs.
- Staff, Pro Instructors and Pro Students who are fully vaccinated and comfortable doing so, may discontinue face coverings with proof of vaccination.
- Face coverings continue to be required for students and staff who are not fully vaccinated or who are unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination.
- Pro and Rec Class limits will be raised from 8 students to 10 students.
- Pre-Pandemic “Family style” eating may return.
- Face Coverings continue to be required for Recreational Instructors and Students through July 5th.
- Existing Cleaning and Hygiene protocols remain intact. (Handwashing, sanitizing, glove use, serving, etc.).
As of July 5, 2021**
- Fully vaccinated Staff, Pro and Rec students (including teens) will not be required to wear masks.
- A valid and complete CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Card must be presented.
- Face coverings continue to be required for students (including teens) and staff who are not fully vaccinated or those that are unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination.
- Pro and Rec Class limits will be raised from 10 students to 12 students.
- Cleaning and Hygiene protocols remain intact. (Handwashing, sanitizing, glove use, etc.).
As of September 6, 2021**: “Return to Normal”
- Face Coverings will no longer be required in the CSCA facility.
- Face coverings continue to be recommended for students and staff who are immunocompromised and/or not fully vaccinated.
- Pro Class limits will return to pre-pandemic levels (target of 12 students).
- Capacity limits for Recreational classes will return to pre-pandemic levels.
- All pre-pandemic procedures and protocols may return (serving, eating, etc.)
- Existing Cleaning and Hygiene protocols remain intact. (Handwashing, sanitizing, glove use, etc.).
*Fully vaccinated is defined as being two weeks past the second Pfizer or Moderna injection, or single J&J injection.
**All timing and protocols are subject to change. CSCA will follow all City, State, and CDC guidelines at all times.
As of 5/29/2021 Massachusetts and the City of Cambridge will be vacating current COVID-19 restrictions for fully vaccinated individuals. CSCA will announce our updated protocols prior to that date.
CSCA encourages all staff and customers to receive the COVID vaccination, when possible. We are proud to report that CSCA currently has over 90% of our staff fully vaccinated! Please be advised, our protocols – including mask wearing – will remain the same regardless of vaccination status at this time.
Our facility is now outfitted with Medify Air Purifiers for added protection.
Governor Baker has announced some roll backs to Phase 3, Step 1. These rollbacks do not affect our operations at this time. Our current capacity limitations, hygiene and mask protocols will remain in place until further notice.
Governor Baker has established some updated protocols to curb the increasing case counts in Massachusetts. In accordance with these new regulations, we will be setting the ending time for evening recreational classes to 9:30 pm.
Updated 8/12/2020 — Citron Sani-Defense
We are pleased to announce that in addition to our existing cleaning, sanitizing, hygienic and other COVID-19 procedures and protocols, CSCA has partnered with Citron Hygiene for an additional layer of protection. Citron technicians will spray our facility, providing full sanitizing of all kitchens, classrooms and restrooms.
Citron Hygiene’s Sani-Defense minimizes the danger posed by microscopic germs, viruses, and bacteria that can create health hazards for workers and customers. By using a product that meets EPA’s criteria for use against SARSCoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19, we are taking the steps necessary to protect everyone from harmful microorganisms.
The Sani-Defense Service and formulation will disinfect hard, non-porous surfaces such as floors, walls, metal surfaces, stainless steel surfaces, porcelain, glazed ceramic tile, plastic surfaces, restrooms, and cabinets. Citron Hygiene Technicians use a specialized machine to focus micro-droplets of food-safe disinfectant onto potentially contaminated surface areas.
Updated 7/28/2020 — TRAVEL ORDER
Please be advised that Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker has instituted a travel order, effective August 1st, mandating a 14 day quarantine or a negative COVID-19 test result for any travelers coming or returning to Massachusetts from any state outside of New England, New York, New Jersey or Hawaii. For more information please visit: https://www.mass.gov/forms/massachusetts-travel-form.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
To our loyal CSCA Customers,
Exciting News! Per the phased reopening plan of the State of Massachusetts, CSCA is now running classes!
Professional Programs NOW RUNNING!
Pre-Teen Recreational Classes NOW RUNNING!
Teen Recreational Classes NOW RUNNING!
Adult Recreational Classes NOW RUNNING!
Private Group Classes NOW RUNNING! Book your group now!
CSCA will be following all CDC and MA safety guidelines. We have implemented enhanced safety procedures to supplement our already rigorous cleaning and hygiene practices.
All Staff and Students will be required to follow the below safety protocols:
All Staff and Students will be required to wear a face covering. (Students are asked to bring their own face covering).
Class sizes will be limited to 9 students or less to allow for social distancing. (Because 6′ of distancing can be difficult to maintain at all times, we require face coverings to be worn throughout the experience).
All Staff and Students will be subject to a Temperature Check via a contact-less forehead thermometer before entering the facility. Any individual with an elevated temperature of 100.3 or higher will not be permitted entry into the facility.
Any Staff or Student who is not feeling well and manifesting FLU or COVID like symptoms, such as fever, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, loss of taste or smell, etc. is asked to stay home.
Any Staff or Student who is displaying FLU or COVID like symptoms during class, will be excused for the safety of all participants.
All Staff and Students will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands upon entry into the facility.
Frequent hand washing and sanitizing will be promoted throughout the class.
Safety and Hygiene protocols must be followed by all participants. (Download Below)
All Staff and Students will need to sign a COVID-19 Health Statement. (Download Below)
These protocols will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly as we proceed through the Massachusetts reopening phases.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A DETAILED SUMMARY OF OUR SAFETY PROTOCOLS BY PROGRAM BELOW.
We are confident that the above measures will allow for a safe and fun experience for all!
*All Dates subject to change.
Cancellations and Re-Scheduling
All students who were registered for recreational classes cancelled during the COVID crisis will be credited the full amount of their registration to their online CSCA account. This credit may be applied toward any future class of your choice.
If you used a gift certificate to register for a class, the certificate will be restored to the original amount. When you process your next order you will need to enter your gift certificate code once again. Rest easy, gift certificates and account credits will not expire.
We have posted exciting classes through the end of the year for you to choose from!
We will do our best to respond to inquiries as soon as possible, but due to the closure and subsequent staff furloughs, please allow 5-7 business days for a reply.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we all navigate through this difficult time.
Be Safe. Be Well. Be Kind.