A Perfect Recipe For Success
For over 40 years, Cambridge School of Culinary Arts (CSCA) has fostered culinary passion and expertise in an intimate and nurturing environment. Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the hub of the New England culinary scene, we have helped thousands of students pursue their culinary education within our kitchens. Our alumni continue to find great success across New England, the United States, and internationally. Today we offer you the opportunity to join the CSCA family and launch your culinary future.
- A unique combination of lectures, hands-on lab instruction, and seminars provide an intense culinary education in a condensed time frame
- Talented instructors share their diverse experiences and knowledge during intimate classroom settings with no more than 12 students per instructor
- Event participation in CSCA recreational classes and the local culinary community offers additional opportunity to learn from our instructors and work with top chefs and restauranteurs
- Four commercial-grade, fully-stocked kitchens host our classroom laboratories and seminars, providing you with ample space to work and learn in a comfortable setting
- Lifelong placement services provide career guidance and support for all graduates within our expansive and ever growing CSCA network.
Flexible scheduling is a unique feature of the Culinary Certificate Program and Professional Chef’s Program and allows students to work while attending school. Many students set up residence in Cambridge and neighboring cities, while others take advantage of flexible scheduling to commute to and from their home base. Many students maintain employment during non-school hours, helping to offset the cost of education.
Students may elect from day and evening laboratory classes to formulate a schedule that best suits their needs. Morning classes begin at 8:30 am and evening classes begin at 4:30 pm. Each class is designed to last eight hours. Students must elect an evening lecture schedule from either Tuesday or Wednesday nights. Lectures begin at 6:00 pm.
The professional program mandates two lab classes and one evening seminar per week. The school does not offer part-time status.
Culinary Certificate Program and Professional Chef’s Program
Lab I (choose 1)
Lab II (choose 1)
Seminars (choose 1)
Certificate Pastry Program and Professional Pastry Program
Seminars (choose 1)
2017-18 Academic Calendar
September Professional and Certificate Programs
Orientation: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Classes Begin: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Fall Break: Wednesday, November 22 – Sunday, November 26, 2017
Classes Resume: Monday, November 27, 2017
Winter Break: Sunday, December 21, 2017 – Sunday, December 31, 2017
Classes Resume: Monday, January 1, 2018
Classes End: Saturday, June 9, 2018
Graduation: Thursday, June 21, 2018
January Professional and Certificate Programs
Application Deadline Friday, December 22, 2017
Orientation Tuesday, January 9
Classes Begin Monday, January 15
May Certificate Programs